Your support for the library will strengthen and expand our mission to serve everyone in our service area. Your support is needed for outreach programs, for collections, and for special projects. Your support will demonstrate your appreciation for and understanding of the value of access to information. Ask the library staff what you can do to support our library.
Join Friends of the Library
Friends of the Library is a nonprofit advocacy organization which supports the Library. Our volunteer members advocate, educate, and raise funds on behalf of the Library, its patrons, and the community.
The Friends raise funds to be used by the Library for activities not ordinarily covered under the Library’s operating budget since ongoing Library operations are paid for by city and county dollars. The Friends currently have about 65 members.
Some of the activities of the “Friends” group include:
- Fund raising activities
- Volunteer Appreciation Tea
- Help with Summer Reading Program
- Contact the President of the “Friends” group Jennifer Krummen at 712-832-3831
Give Time to the Library
There are a variety of ways volunteers contribute to the Library. Volunteers help with collections, mailings, special events, assist students with their homework, and provide instruction to new adult learners and those who have limited access to or experience with computer technology.
- Who can volunteer – ages 10 to 100
- How a person volunteers – complete application, library staff will contact you
- Volunteer opportunities: summer reading program assistants, help with refreshments, lead a craft activity, story hour outreach for the day-cares, and other library activities.
Donations are always welcome. We’d love to have your gently used books, magazines (generally no older than 1 year), books on tape, videos and DVDs. PLEASE, no encyclopedias.
Give Money to the Library
Your gift of money is always welcome at the Library. We have various programs to suit your giving needs. A gift to the library is a nice way to commemorate a person, a birthday or other special event.
- Write out a check to the Friends of the Lake Park Library and mail to: P.O. Box 344, Lake Park, IA 51347
- Include a note on who you are commemorating and any preferences you have for how the gift money should be spent.
- A written receipt will be issued if requested.
- Please let us know if the donation is to be kept private, otherwise, we may publicize the gift and how it was utilized.