Library Mission: The purpose of the Lake Park Public Library shall be to provide to the residents of the municipal corporation of Lake Park and to the residents of the surrounding school district, high quality print resources that have strong interest and appeal along with convenient access to electronic information resources through proved technology. We will guide and direct customers to excellent sources of electronic information. Patrons will be assisted as needed by a sufficient number of knowledgeable, trained staff who can help them make the best use of both new and traditional information resources.
We support the Library Bill of Rights (appendix 1), the Freedom to Read Statement (appendix 2), and the Freedom to View Statement (appendix 3) of the American Library Association.
The library is much more than a place to check out books. We have programs and services for everyone in our community. Nice, eager, friendly, highly-trained librarians are standing by, waiting to help you find the information you’re looking for.
Current Library Board Members: Deb Morrow, Doug Otto, Judy Siemers, Lori Gochnauer, Sarah Prevot
Here ares some of the services we offer:
- Anyone living in the city of Lake Park and surrounding areas may apply for a card at the library
- The library card gives download access to eBooks and Audiobooks to anyone residing in Lake Park or the incorporated area
- All materials circulate for 2 weeks with the exception of DVDs. They can be checked out for 1 week.
- Materials may be renewed in person, by phone or email (Renewal of new releases and books on hold is discouraged)
- Patrons will be notified by phone or email if the items are overdue
- If an item is not returned, and becomes 4 months overdue, the library can send a certified letter with a collection notice and suspend borrowing privileges at the discretion of the library director
- Damaged or lost materials will be paid by the patron plus a $5 processing fee
Fax machine available to the public
- Faxes will be both sent and received
- The fee is $1.00 for the first page, and $.50 for additional pages. Receiving a fax is $.25
- Our fax number is 712-832-9507
- The service is available during library hours
- Ask the library staff for assistance
- Scanning: no charge, printing is $.20
- Copies: black and white – $.20 per page, color – $.50 per page, photo paper – $1.00 per page.
- Reserve space for community meetings Tuesday-Friday after school hours or Saturdays 10:00-12:00